A few weeks ago, I tried this DIY face mask. Lindsay from Delighted Momma made up this recipe. I love her blog and trust her judgment as I have had success with some of her healthy recipes in the past and she even used to own an esthetics business so I assumed I could trust her once again. Guess what? I was right!
This mask will make your skin feel extra youthful, very soft and glowing! One tip, be careful to watch out for dripping. Yes, if the temperature is too warm you will end up like a melted chocolate bar so beware.
This recipe has almost the exact ingredients I use to make homemade dark chocolate! Seriously, you could eat it…and then you would have yourself a real party.
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder (learn more about this superfood here.)
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. organic coconut oil, melted
- Mix together thoroughly (It should be of paste-like consistency- if it’s not add some more cacao.)
- Apply with clean fingers
- Leave for about 15-20 minutes (or less if you start to drip!)
- Remove with warm water and follow with an organic moisturizer (I use organic extra virgin coconut oil!)
- “The natural oils from the cacao powder help smooth out wrinkles.
Cacao powder contains antioxidants that help clear out toxins in your skin, which can make you look older. The honey is incredibly moisturizing, but will not break you out. Coconut oil is full of essential nutrients for your skin and is a proven antiseptic and antimicrobial agent. It is also proven to soften wrinkles and help acne.”
Have fun and happy DIYing!
Do you feel inspired to deepen your relationship with your beauty and wellness? Claim your Optimal Beauty Assessment now!